[extropy-chat] Simplifying Singularity

Lee Corbin lcorbin at tsoft.com
Sat Jun 3 21:15:43 UTC 2006

Anna writes

> [Consider this:] "Singularity is a moment in time when technology will
> change the course of humanity forever."

> I'm just curious, I'm writing a script and would like to use the word
> in a popular context and was wondering if this phrase would be appropriate.

Actually, there have been a lot (many would say too many) tinmes when
technology changed the course of humanity forever.  E.g., gunpowder,
the atomic bomb, and the transistor.

You might add "change it unrecognizably", or some such.  Googling for
"singularity" will probably yield a lot of good ideas.

Lee