[extropy-chat] Health data

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sat Jun 17 14:37:15 UTC 2006

Robin:
>  I'd love for there to be enough people like
>  me that we could get a health plan designed for us, as that should
>  cost a lot less.   Alas, the prospects for that are slim - people
>  want to *believe* in medicine, and are scared to seem uncaring if
>  they cut back much for their family.

MB:
>If you can figure out how to do this and have it cover us wherever we
>live, I'm very interested!

Me too. Later next year when I begin to see money from my PSI position,
I will either have to give up the health insurance that the other
researchers have, or the administrators and I will use a different
health insurance company that would be willing to cover me as a
researcher living abroad. The latter seems fantastic. We don't know
if such a company that can cross country borders to provide some
amount of medical coverage even exists.

Amara