[extropy-chat] Draft Paper on Boredom and Superlongevity

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Jun 21 11:55:24 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 08:42:18PM -0400, MB wrote:

> I don't know. I've wondered about that also. But somehow the people I've
> met who are like that don't seem to be what I consider depressed. They
> simply don't seem motivated to *do* anything, nor do they seem to find
> things interesting. Mostly they watch inordinate amounts of TV.

Somehow, I don't think that's just a correlation. They should quit it
cold turkey. I did it some ~15 years ago, and it did me plenty of good.
Now, there are more interesting things than ever, but even less hours
to the day.

Do you manage to get your daily literature covered? I'm lagging badly,
especially since no longer commuting by train. I still lose 100 min/day,
but at least it's biking across mostly dirt roads in the forest.