[extropy-chat] Draft Paper on Boredom and Superlongevity

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Wed Jun 21 12:04:19 UTC 2006

> On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 08:42:18PM -0400, MB wrote:
>
>> I don't know. I've wondered about that also. But somehow the people I've
>> met who are like that don't seem to be what I consider depressed. They
>> simply don't seem motivated to *do* anything, nor do they seem to find
>> things interesting. Mostly they watch inordinate amounts of TV.
>
> Somehow, I don't think that's just a correlation. They should quit it
> cold turkey. I did it some ~15 years ago, and it did me plenty of good.
> Now, there are more interesting things than ever, but even less hours
> to the day.
>
> Do you manage to get your daily literature covered? I'm lagging badly,
> especially since no longer commuting by train. I still lose 100 min/day,
> but at least it's biking across mostly dirt roads in the forest.

I completely agree! Phoo, I can barely keep up with my email! :))) And the
magazines have made a mountain next to the snake tank. And the book list
has grown to several pages. Where's my time????????

I mean, I know I'm older and slower but this is absurd!

And if I don't feel like tackling a particular project there's always a
nap time for about 15 minutes to re-infuse me with energy and enthusiasm!

Regards,
MB