[extropy-chat] AAAS conference on retrocausation

scerir scerir at libero.it
Tue Jun 27 06:59:24 UTC 2006

Damien B.:
> That is Birgit Dopfer, PhD Thesis (title unavailable), U. Innsbruck
> (1998), discussed by R. Jensen, in Proceedings of STAIF 2006, AIP
> Conf. Proc. 813, 1409-1414 (2006).

This famous, huge paper is online, in German.
http://www.quantum.univie.ac.at/publications/thesis/

Dopfer is working in Zeilinger's group. She (and the rest
of the group) was studying (1998) the so called
David Nikolaevich Klyshko interpretation (circa 1988)
of momentum/position quantum entanglement, in terms
of Fourier transforms between the two entangled subsystems.
Or, if you prefer, in terms of retrocausation, between
the two subsystems, via the common (SPDC) source.

The 'orthodox' interpretation by Zeilinger of Dopfer's
experiment seems (to me, and also others) good, but not perfect.
http://www.quantum.univie.ac.at/publications/pdffiles/1999-03.pdf
He does not seem able to explain certain supposed 'advanced'
effects. In example, how the outcome of Dopfer's experiment
in one of the wings (here on Earth) depends on the setting
of the (very delayed choice) experiment in the other wing
(on Alpha Centaury). In certain cases Zeilinger's interpretation
(the 'interpretation' of the outcome in the near wing, and not
the outcome itself, depends on the later setting in the
Alpha Centaury) seems Bohrian but also feeble.