[extropy-chat] H+, autism, selection effects, biases

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Jun 30 17:21:47 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 09:58:40AM -0700, Jef Allbright wrote:

> it's the latter, then I am certainly well-balanced as a motorcyle
> rider, but remain awkward in social settings when I don't have a clear
> goal other than to just be sociable.

I've found that empathogens (MDMA/MDA) can extract enjoyable
experiences from encounters that otherwise wouldn't be worthwhile.
Unfortunately, this isn't something you can do very often in
life, without fearing consequences.

Apropos of nothing, do we have any deprenyl (selegiline) users here?
Any cautionary tales of low (5 mg/week or so, for 40 yo) regimes,
long-term?