[extropy-chat] Peak Oil news

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 13:48:27 UTC 2006

On 3/8/06, Lee Corbin wrote:

> It even gets a little funny to anticipate how uncomfortable
> these claims must make some people. One bottom line, "if you
> are so sure, then put your money where your mouth is"
> naturally provokes outrage.

Well, obviously.  People are happy to put their money where their
mouth is when they select lottery numbers, decide which horse to bet
on, which boxer to bet on, which snail to bet on in snail races, etc,
etc.  People will bet on *anything*.

And even though they don't don't know about all the bribes, fixes,
insider agreements, etc., that still won't stop them.

It doesn't incline me to give any more credence to their beliefs if
they place bigger bets.  It just increases their level of stupidity.
Betting is a tax on stupidity.

BillK