[extropy-chat] Ok I get the hint!

Gina Miller nanogirl at halcyon.com
Wed Mar 8 23:59:29 UTC 2006

Anna, please let me apologize to you on behalf of the list. This is a group that is very supportive of difference, in fact we have to be, since we ourselves stand out from the mainstream as different and in the future this will become an even more prevalent issue. In a large group such as this list, there will be the occasional individuals who either lose sight of this or generate a riff in interactions or just simply don't realize how they are making others feel, I am sorry that you had to be put in this position.

Not everyone speaks the same, some people are more creative/poetic than others, some people want to know more, this is not a bad thing (everybody's different) and not a reason to try and isolate a person to analyze (just because you can). It's extremely difficult to get a real feel for people from emails anyways. Anna you have not done anything wrong, I would like you to know, (and I think I would be speaking for the majority of the list) that you are welcome here.

Lets be kind, if it doesn't hurt you try to accept differences!

(I remember making this same point in a previous email regarding the Gay and Lesbian community).

Gina "Nanogirl" Miller
Nanotechnology Industries
http://www.nanoindustries.com
Personal: http://www.nanogirl.com/index2.html
Animation Blog: http://maxanimation.blogspot.com/
Everything else blog: http://nanogirlblog.blogspot.com/
Foresight Participating Member http://www.foresight.org
Nanotechnology Advisor Extropy Institute  http://www.extropy.org
3D/Animation http://www.nanogirl.com/museumfuture/index.htm
Microscope Jewelry http://www.nanogirl.com/crafts/microjewelry.htm
Email: nanogirl at halcyon.com
"Nanotechnology: Solutions for the future."