[extropy-chat] Pomegranate Juice

Anne-Marie Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 24 01:28:50 UTC 2006

aiguy at comcast.net wrote

  >Has anyone found any ethnological data to support the belief that life long
  >drinking/eating of pomegranates leads to lower incidence of heart disease.

  Anna said:
  No or not that i'm aware of but please further my education, I love to learn.
  Thanks
  Anna

  aiguy at comcast.net wrote:
    Since there have been some postings on the medical studies of pomegranate
  juice lessening artherioschlerosis I have been doing some Googling and am
  coming up with a few questions of my own.

  Has anyone found any ethnological data to support the belief that life long
  drinking/eating of pomegranates leads to lower incidence of heart disease.

  Since they come from India and the middle east, people living in areas where pomegranates
  flourish should be expected to have much lower rates of artherioschlerosis, right?

  Also does anyone what percentage the antioxidents survive the pasteurization process in
  store bought pomegranate juice such as "POM Wonderful"  or other juices such as blueberry
  or even grape juice?

  I would assume that the studies were conducted with fresh juice for maximum potency.  And since
  POM is a bit expensive I would like to minimize the risk that I'm not just paying for sugar water.