[extropy-chat] ANNOUNCE: Extropy Institute's Future

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu May 4 10:38:51 UTC 2006

Hal Finney:
>My main concern during this time of transition is that the history
>of Extropy be preserved and not forgotten.  Because of the extreme
>unacceptability of transhumanist ideas in the early days (hard to remember
>today), the original extropians mailing list had a policy of quasi-secrecy
>with regard to list archives.

It's not hard for me to remember today, because alot of it is still
true. Many of those discussions could today still jeopardize contracts,
careers and personal lives. I wish to remember those discussions in
our private living rooms, not in a public Internet venue.

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/