[extropy-chat] Not necessary smarter, just faster?

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu May 11 14:21:19 UTC 2006

I would hafta argue that the computer is being creative.  If you look over
the grandmaster vs machine games, the computer came up with some terrific
ideas, plans that would meet all our definitions of the term creative.  If
you look at the game scores, you cannot tell which side is human play and
which is computer, especially with former world champion Kramnik.  I see
this as a limited version of the Turing test.