[extropy-chat] privacy rights

Heartland velvet977 at hotmail.com
Sun May 14 11:44:26 UTC 2006

>> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Heartland
>> ...Power, in all forms, corrupts. People are acutely aware
>> of how power is being abused by groups of *other people* but always fail
> to realize their own abuses...
>

> Not me, I was acutely aware of my own abuses when I had power.  I so
> deplored my own abusiveness, that I abused myself for being so abusive.
> This in turn required still further punishment for being abusive, which was
> further self abuse.  This cycle soon spiraled to the point of being
> dangerous.

This cycle can easily be broken at any time by stopping further abuse. Obviously,
the original comment did not apply to you as I'm well aware that you know what
power can do to people.

> Silliness aside, Heart, I can think of an ExI poster who isn't going to like
> your comment one bit.  Stand by for a scorching.

I'm not sure who you have in mind but there's always some self-appointed thought
police officer out there anxious to score another kill (plus extra village status
points) as part of an ongoing campaign to ensure compatibility with current group
beliefs.

It's really true, and I wish I had known this 6 years ago, that it's a bad idea to
blaspheme publicly without a nick name. It's not safe and probably never will be.
Poor Nikolas Lloyd. Let's hope that was his nick name. :)

H.