[extropy-chat] hope you can comprehend

Joseph Bloch transhumanist at goldenfuture.net
Thu May 18 02:24:02 UTC 2006

Doesn't that seem to be a self-fulfilling prophecy?

I mean, of COURSE the people who believe that reanimation is feasible
are going to be cryonicists. If you accept that one premise, no matter
how slim the odds, it becomes a better bet than the alternative.

So I'm unconvinced that it's necessarily a valid argument to say that
"nobody who isn't a cryonicist thinks that cryonics is feasible",
because by definition once you think that cryonics is feasible, you are
a de facto cryonicist (whether or not you pony up the dough).

Full disclosure: I am signed up with Alcor. Better a billion-to-one shot
than a zero-to-one shot, sez I.

Joseph