[extropy-chat] Which Cryonics option is optimal?

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Mon May 22 02:25:44 UTC 2006

Neuro, definitely, for the reasons you named.

Rafal, A-1941

On 5/19/06, A B <austriaaugust at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I intend to sign up for cryopreservation with Alcor in the near future, but
> I'm not completely decided on which option I would prefer: Neuropreservation
> Option (head only) or full-body (head + body). Note: at this time, both
> options involve a supposedly successful vitrification of the brain. Right
> now I'm leaning toward Neuropreservation for a few reasons:
>
> - brain structure preservation still seems to be marginally superior with
> Neuro.
> - easier transport in emergencies.
> - emergency conversion to Neuro option is not necessary.
> - possibly less likely to be the first revival guinea pig as a Neuro, and so
> perhaps a
>        lower chance of a disastrously failed revival.
> - may actually be easier to revive a Neuro than a full-body- so extra money
> may be
>        wasted- and could lead to delay in revival.
> - a Neuro is substantially cheaper.
>
> My inclination right now is to tentatively sign up as a Neuro, but to
> hopefully purchase a life insurance policy that will barely cover a
> full-body, in case I change my mind later.
>
> I would like to get the opinions of other Cryonicists regarding which option
> is superior based on factors which I may have failed to list here.
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> Jeffrey Herrlich

Rafal Smigrodzki, MD-PhD
Chief Clinical Officer,
Gencia Corporation
706 B Forest St.

Charlottesville, VA 22903

tel: (434) 295-4800

fax: (434) 295-4951

This electronic message transmission contains information from the
biotechnology firm of Gencia Corporation which may be confidential or
privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use
of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have
received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by
telephone (434-295-4800) or by electronic mail
(fportell at genciabiotech.com) immediately.