[extropy-chat] Which Cryonics option is optimal?

Heartland velvethum at hotmail.com
Mon May 22 11:56:37 UTC 2006

Rafal wrote:
"Neuro, definitely, for the reasons you named."

Hi Rafal,

We've talked about this few years before and I don't want to draw you into this
discussion but your comment that believing in what exactly constitutes "you" is
"matter of taste" stayed with me and left me wondering what you meant exactly.
Seeing that you've signed up for suspension, I just have to ask you the following.
Assuming you know that cryonics is going to be able to recover nothing more than a
4D symbol of you, did you sign up because you *want* 4D symbols of you to exist
after you die? Or, did you sign up because you want to continue to live and simply
don't accept the logic of the assumption from the previous sentence?

Again, I'm not interested in starting another debate about this. I'm only curious
about the motivation of someone who chooses to sign up for suspension.

H. (sp)