[extropy-chat] Which Cryonics option is optimal?

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Mon May 22 15:55:23 UTC 2006

"Heartland" <velvethum at hotmail.com>

>Hi Rafal
> Assuming you know that cryonics is going to be able to recover nothing
> more than a 4D symbol of you

Ok let's assume that the poor man will become nothing but a "4D symbol", but
according to you Rafal is probably already just a "4D symbol", at least he
is if he's ever had a tooth pulled under anesthesia; but being a "4D symbol"
doesn't seem to bother him now so I don't see why it would bother him after
he's revived from cryonics. I can't speak for Rafal but as for me I rather
enjoy being a "4D symbol".

4D symbol, hmm, I suppose a word in a book would be a 3D symbol as it has no
depth but the letters in the famous "Hollywood" sign do have some depth so
that would be a 4D symbol. So you're saying don't sign up for cryonics
because if you do you'll end up as a billboard.

> Or, did you sign up because you want to continue to live and simply don't
> accept the logic of the assumption from the previous sentence?

Logic? What logic is that?

 John K Clark