[extropy-chat] Albright Speaks Out Re Bush's Faith

nvitamore at austin.rr.com nvitamore at austin.rr.com
Mon May 22 18:53:10 UTC 2006

"Bush's faith worries Albright"

Monday, May 22, 2006; Posted: 11:18 a.m. EDT (15:18 GMT)

"LONDON, England (Reuters) -- U.S. President George W. Bush has alienated
Muslims around the world by using absolutist Christian rhetoric to discuss
foreign policy issues, former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright says.

"I worked for two presidents who were men of faith, and they did not make
their religious views part of American policy," she said, referring to
Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, both Democrats and Christians.

"President Bush's certitude about what he believes in, and the division
between good and evil, is, I think, different," said Albright, who has just
published a book on religion and world affairs. "The absolute truth is what
makes Bush so worrying to some of us."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/22/albright.bush.reut/index.html

http://mail2web.com/ .