[extropy-chat] PHIL: Derrida and Deconstruction

nvitamore at austin.rr.com nvitamore at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 2 22:46:32 UTC 2006

Max left two papers on the breakfast table from me this morning:

1.  "Postmodernism disrobed" by Richard Dawkins
http://www.physics.nyu.edu/faculty/sokal/dawkins.html

and,

2.  "The Broken House: The postsemanticist paradigm of discourse and
textural objectivism" (on Baudrillardist hyperreality and dialectic
desublimation) by John J.R. Scuglia, Department of English, Yale University.

[Afraid I cannot give you a link to this one because it was created by the
Postmodernism Generator (Bulhak) software which turns any muck into what
Alan Sokal and Jean Briemont would call a mélange of banal philosophical
jargon.  But it gave me a really great laugh!

http://www.elsewhere.org/pomo
"The essay you have just seen is completely meaningless and was randomly
generated by the Postmodernism Generator. To generate another essay, follow
this link. If you liked this particular essay and would like to return to
it, follow this link for a bookmarkable page."

Natasha

Natasha Vita-More
http://www.natasha.cc

http://mail2web.com/ .