[extropy-chat] Just curious, it's not natural!

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 21:24:53 UTC 2006

Agreed. We could arrive at an expression such as "gayiage" in the place of marriage. It would make sense on grounds of diversity as well-- a diversity of terminology.

  It's not about recognizing gay marriage. I have the
upmost respect for gays, I would never disrespect any
choice of sexual behavior unless it violates rights. I
feel using the word "marriage" as a symbol of the
union between 2 men or 2 women violates my right as a
heterosexual female. Why is that so wrong?[...]
Why? If the word had already been established, why
wouldn't I have the right to keep it just the way it
is? The "Union" between man and woman.
What I don't understand is why the gay community would
not choose to represent itself as a self-sufficient
member of society and choose a word that describes
what their future "union" may one day represent[...]
I am aware that most don't believe in the sanction of
a woman and a man. That's their choice. I do. Not
the laws, not the piece of paper but the choice to
want to procreate with somebody and evolve as humans.
It's not my scenario, at the present time, but I do
believe that it should be a right and that "right" is
the term defined by the word "marriage".

Just an opinion.
Anna