[extropy-chat] transhumanism as slippery slope

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 10:55:59 UTC 2006

On 11/2/06, Russell Wallace <russell.wallace at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it's not impossible we'll make progress fast enough, but at best
> it'll be a close call.

 Indeed.  Moore's Law trumps human replication time (by a wide margin).
Human memesets cannot adapt at the rate technology is evolving unless they
are focused on doing so [1].  Particularly memesets which involve the
setting aside of "rational thought" upon which the technology is based [2].

Robert

1. Memesets focused on static laws (as most religions are) are inherently
non-adaptive in nature.
2. Though I will admit that the human mind is relatively adept at the
simultaneous maintenance of conflicting memesets (denial of reality).  Makes
you wonder whether "Core Duo" could have been pushed as "Core conflicted".