[extropy-chat] the self identity quest - reply to Russel Wallace

david ish shalom davidishalom1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 09:53:11 UTC 2006

   **

**Russel Wallace write: "*Why does it have to gather any such thing? You're
just talking about text,
pictures, sound and video, which we already have the technology to store.
Just get a nice big chunk of web space and start uploading everything about
yourself (and whoever you want to preserve who will consent to such) that
you can get hold of. Lead by example. *

* **Thank you Russell Wallace, "Lead by example" is very good advice Yet,
for info-resurrection to actually happen, remembering the gap between now
and emergence of conscious artificial intelligence, i may in the meantime
disintegrate physically, I need the cooperation of future conscious
artificial intelligences, and this can be achieved if we establish say an
ongoing organization or installation, like cryonics installations but for
info-reanimation. we need institutionalized project for that, we need some
format acceptance, at least among transhumanist, we need to widespread the
meme for effective future implementation;  and we need good inspirations
like yours, Jef Albright and Lee Corbin to begin with, that already
contributed to this issue, mind storming, inspiration, support, long term
responsibility, we are still social creatures aren't we? and even the
info-resurrected person's rights. and this is the logic behind the
info-Resurrection project, it's a job that can't be achieved alone*.

*Now as for  your "if you haven't got a single person on extropy-chat of all
places
to believe this literally constitutes personal survival, you won't get
anyone anywhere to believe it :)" frankly, I have got some positive personal
messages in the last two days,  after posting here, which is
encouraging* *enough.
Now as for your advice to* "*You're better off to put the spin that
it's metaphorical
immortality through one's works - that's a familiar enough concept. Sort of
the digital equivalent of getting a statue of yourself.    But the thing
about statues is, they get done because people think they look cool. **So go
ahead and create a digital monument to yourself, and do it in such a way
that it looks cool - nice site layout and suchlike. Then point people to it
and say "wouldn't you like one of these for yourself?"  I find this a
inspirative idea, and it surely encourages me and hopefully others to
implement your advice, yet with some delays due to my incapability in
web-building, but I am going to improve my technical skills in that respect
and personally invest in this idea. Nevertheless, when more mature digital
simulation of persons will be achieved in the cyberspace, due to more
advanced GAI, next decade or so, it will be easy for everyone to digitally
simulate himself/herself with so many enhancement, like me appearing there
and being there in the cyberspace – not yet conscious but very convincing
and vivid and young, still me but so much more loving and charismatic and
handsome and  more intelligent simulation of myself. This vivid simulation
tech will immensely contribute to this info-resurrection meme and strategy,
I can't wait, but we need patience for the GAI to emerge.*