[extropy-chat] dawkins on c-span book-tv

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 13 01:58:24 UTC 2006

Remarkable!

Last week I posted a comment on Richard Dawkins' talk at Kepler's books in
Menlo Park.  I suggested that religionistas could come in and take up
limited seating, displacing the real Dawkins fans.

As I was flipping channels this evening, I came upon Dawkins giving a talk
at Randolph-Macon Woman's College, recorded on 23 October in Lynchburg
Virginia, the home of Jerry Falwell's Liberty Baptist University.  The talk
mostly matched the one he made at Kepler's talk, but the question/answer
session came out very differently in Virginia than it did a week later out
here in Taxifornia.  Of the 12 questioners, 10 of them either overtly
identified themselves as from Liberty Baptist or made it clear that they
were religious.  Dawkins was brilliant.  We must have been a great relief
for him after his Lynchburg experience.