[extropy-chat] CONF: Call for papers: CADE2007 in Perth

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Mon Nov 13 16:16:49 UTC 2006

>First Call for Papers and Abstract Submissions: abstract submission for
>refereed papers - deadline 12 January 2007
>
>STILLNESS: 2007 Biennale of Electronic Arts Perth
>Education Program: International Conference
>
>====================================
>CADE: Computers in Art and Design Education
>====================================
>
>12 - 14 September 2007, Perth, Western Australia
>
>Conference website: <http://www.beap.org/>http://www.beap.org/
>Follow link to conferences for
><http://cedar.humanities.curtin.edu.au/conferences/cade/index.cfm>
>
>The Biennale of Electronic Arts Perth (BEAP) is Australia's pre-eminent
>festival dedicated to showcasing innovative works of art in the areas of
>new media, electronic screen, sound and interactive media and is the
>largest and most visionary electronic arts event in the region.
>
>Through a broad program of exhibitions, conferences and public talks, BEAP
>provides a focus for discussion and exploration of the emergent aesthetic,
>social and technological implications that surround the electronic arts,
>in all its possible forms, whether visual, audio, interactive, temporal,
>experiential, digital, 'bio' or 'nano'.
>
>The Computers in Art and Design Education (CADE) conference is a major
>international event for those interested in the exploration of ideas at
>the intersection of pedagogy, arts, design, science, and technology. The
>2007 conference will provide a focus for shared learning, dialogue and
>interaction that directly informs professional methodologies and practice.
>
>In 2007 CADE partners with the Biennale for its first conference outside
>Europe, creating a new focus for exploring the latest research and
>practice within creative arts education at the point where the 'digital'
>is both a challenge and a strength.
>
>Perth, the capital of the state of Western Australia, has a distinct
>creative community that celebrates the uniqueness of Western Australia's
>stunning bio-diverse environment and combines Indigenous, European and
>Southeast Asian cultures.
>
>Internationally recognised for its commitment to research in bio and
>electronic arts in tertiary education, Perth welcomes delegates to explore
>and reflect on global perspectives from a pivotal point within the
>Asia-Pacific region.
>
>==============
>Conference theme
>==============
>
>We invite educators, theorists and creative arts practitioners to meet in
>Perth, Australia, to explore the paradox of "Stillness."
>
>"Stillness" is the theme for the 2007 Biennale. The concept of "stillness"
>will become an anchor for events in the ceaseless flows of data and
>provide a reflective moment for new ideas to emerge and interact, explode
>or coalesce, blossom or fade.
>
>BEAP will be supporting and encouraging a community of artists to explore:
>        *       Stillness as Sound
>        *       Stillness as Bio
> [...]

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha<http://www.natasha.cc/>
<http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist - Design Media Artist - Futurist
PhD Candidate,
<http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/researchcover/rcp.asp?pagetype=G&page=273>Planetary
Collegium
Proactionary Principle Core Group, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy
<http://www.extropy.org/>Institute
Member, <http://www.profuturists.com/>Association of Professional Futurists
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle,
then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the
circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system
perspective. - Buckminster Fuller