[extropy-chat] Atheist Hymn Book, naturalist point of view.

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 06:11:12 UTC 2006

Yep, concentrating on the positive is a good idea IMO.

> (1) Atheist meaning I don't reject the belief in God
> and/or/although, I don't abide by the exact points
> of the definitions given by religion.

This is not atheism! This is some kind of unspecified mysticism.
Atheism is the "disbelief in or denial of the existence of God or
gods" (got that from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheism,
which also lists some rather irritating definitions like "the doctrine
or belief that there is no God", which I know a lot of atheists would
disagree with).

Emlyn