[extropy-chat] 'a process of non-thinking called faith' 2 (2)

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Sat Nov 25 04:32:23 UTC 2006

At 10:55 AM 11/24/2006 -0800, you wrote:
>  Okay, the Iraq invasion was a mistake and a failure but now the task is
> for the Allies to extricate in a way that avoids turning Iraq into
> another Cambodia.

It's not hard, but the only solution I know of is *mad*.

>Let's look at the outlook for the war as a whole: it will continue for
>decades as we are attempting to impose our commercial Western values on
>the other side, the other side is attempting to impose their extreme
>authoritarian (or totalist) Islamic values on us-- which makes it
>irreconcilable. I give two cheers for the Allied side because the other
>side wants to kill by direct, political, means while our side wants to
>kill by indirect, economic, means. That's my judgment call. You have your
>own call.
>You don't think intellectuals in college towns and so forth know where to
>go from here with such an intractable situation, do you? I don't know what
>to do and don't think any of you po' fessors and po' fessionals know what
>to do either.

I know.

Swap the population out.

The *mess* is really the responsibility of the US.  Therefore we should
transport the whole of the population to Texas and replace them with Texans.

Not a big logistics deal, take a few months.

Long range consequences might be really strange though.

Keith