[extropy-chat] Reply to Joseph in message 2 of extropy-chat Digest, Vol 37, Issue 2

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Oct 2 12:06:29 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 11:52:41AM +0100, Ferris, Luke wrote:

Ferris, please trim your posts. You included the entire
digest in your reply.

> I am yet to find significant evidence to suggest that they want to
> "Islamicise" us as your statement suggests.

Do you agree that those Muslims who're living in Western
socities are not particularly tolerant of their hosts'
values? I'm not particularly keen to live a society
regulated by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shariat
At currently 6.6%/year increase (mostly through higher
birth rate and immigration) of Muslim population
in Germany alone that possibility is not at all
far-fetched (2045 would be a break-even point, the
pending integration of Turkey into EU not considered).

The strict separation of believers and a secular
society is a fiction. This worked more or less for
for established, nonexpansive (shrinking actually,
and good riddance) "native" religions like
Christianity, Judaism, etc. But Islam at this stage
in history is an expansive, politically active
religion. A religion with core values which are frankly
incompatible with transhumanism.