[extropy-chat] Reply to Joseph in message 2 of extropy-chat Digest, Vol 37, Issue 2

Joseph Bloch transhumanist at goldenfuture.net
Tue Oct 3 00:19:34 UTC 2006

Ferris, Luke wrote:

>"of Islamists inspired by their ridiculous faith (as all faiths are
>ridiculous) to impose their vision of their faith on every single human
>being on this planet by deadly force, and being willing to kill
>themselves to advance that goal."
>
>Can you please provide some citations to back up this claim?
>
>All of my research so far indicates that Islamic terrorism (and indeed
>terrorism in general) is a tactic used to achieve an outcome (such as
>troop withdrawal) in response to a particular stimulus (such as the
>occupation of a homeland).
>Certainly this is the case with Al-Qaeda, who spare no lengths to
>broadcast there grievances (Troops on the Arabian peninsular, troops in
>Iraq, the persecution of Palestinians etc.) although the Western media
>pays little attention to it.
>
>I am yet to find significant evidence to suggest that they want to
>"Islamicise" us as your statement suggests.
>
>Luke

A quick scan of only the most recent stories on this subject yields the
following (this is of course only representative; I'll leave it to
others to provide a complete list of citations, for they are simply too
numerous). The quote by Ahmadinejad is particularly direct and all the
more chilling therefor.

Philadelphia Inquirer
(http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/special_packages/sunday_review/15648243.htm):

""The war with Israel is not about a treaty, a cease-fire agreement,
Sykes-Picot borders, national zeal, or disputed borders," Ayman
al-Zawahiri explained this year. "It is rather a jihad for the sake of
God until the religion of God is established." ...

"Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad proclaimed in 2005: "[We] will soon
experience a world without the United States, and Zionism and will
breathe in the brilliant time of Islamic sovereignty over today's world.""

SITE Institute
(http://siteinstitute.org/bin/articles.cgi?ID=publications215406&Category=publications&Subcategory=0):

"On the pope's comments directly, Zawahiri adds: "if Benedict attacked
us, we will respond to his insults with good things. We will call upon
him, and all of the Christians to become Muslims who do not recognize
the Trinity or the crucifixion, and say that Allah united with the human.""

The Age
(http://www.theage.com.au/news/war-on-terror/alqaeda-chiefs-reveal-world-domination-design/2005/08/23/1124562861654.html?oneclick=true):

"THE al-Qaeda master plan to take over the world and turn it into an
Islamic state has been revealed for the first time. For a new book,
Jordanian journalist Fouad Hussein interviewed top lieutenants of the
terrorist network, including the mastermind of many atrocities in Iraq,
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. ...

"Hussein writes that in the terrorists' eyes, because the rest of the
world will be so beaten down by the "One-and-a-half billion Muslims",
the caliphate will undoubtedly succeed. This phase should be completed
by 2020, although the war should not last longer than two years."

Joseph