[extropy-chat] Cognition enhancement in fiction

pjmanney pj at pj-manney.com
Fri Oct 6 00:30:33 UTC 2006

I may take your technological enhancement definition a little broadly, but you can decide what works for you:

Man Plus - Frederick Pohl
Flowers for Algernon - Daniel Keyes
Lord of Light - Zelazny (an enhanced society gets to play at gods)
Nova Express -- William S. Burroughs (the promise of enhancement with addiction)
Brain Wave - Poul Anderson (although the enhancement is not really 'technological' and not of our own making...)
Gap Series - Stephen R. Donaldson (I think Angus Thermopyle is enhanced by the 2nd book)
Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell (although the enhancement of the clone was not planned...)
Camp Concentration - Thomas Disch
Wm. Gibson, generally

What about uplift of non-human creatures?  There's a bunch of those.  Does that topic fit your mandate?

As I think of more, I'll send them on.

PJ