[extropy-chat] Probability of identity.

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 05:24:22 UTC 2006

> I would use the same approach as, say, astronmers might if trying to
> determine
> the numerical ratio of a certain kind of galaxy to all galaxies. Namely,
> take a
> limit over larger and larger finite samples. The limiting process is
> always pretty
> good for avoiding infinities  :-)

And failing that, something like measure, or "microscopically different
generating macroscopically the same outcome" in processes etc; I'm happy
enough with that now that I can see how to reconcile the paradox with it.

May it simply be wished that throughout our infinite level-one universe, and
> throughout the Everett multiverse, your runtime in the main be pleasant
> and
> frequent!

Thanks, you too!