[extropy-chat] cryonicist's nightmare

KAZ kazvorpal at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 4 17:04:48 UTC 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Robert Bradbury
To: ExI chat list
Sent: Monday, September 4, 2006 8:56:03 AM
Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] cryonicist's nightmare

> He should *never* have done this. While thawing and refreezing will cause more
> damage to the cells it is completely unclear whether it disrupts the ultrastructure
> sufficiently that recovery would be impossible. Mind you it might shift you from
> the "nanomedical cellular recovery" queue to the "complete mind upload" queue --
> but there are significant probabilities that *all* cryonic suspendees will end up in
> that queue anyway!

Yes, it is almost certain that the damage of being only twenty degrees below freezing would merely delay when they could be revived, not doom them.

It strikes me as likely that this was just the son's excuse, because he either doesn't believe in cryonics or is so selfish that he doesn't care. He faced the maintenance cost and the legal fees, and found a way out.

Gods, I hope I raise better kids than that.

--
Words of the Sentient:
The state not only taxes us to "feed the poor" while

E-Mail: KazVorpal at yahoo.com
Yahoo Messenger/AIM/AOL: KazVorpal
MSN Messenger: KazVorpal at yahoo.com
ICQ: 1912557