[extropy-chat] Still confused:)

Anna Taylor femmechakra at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 12:57:38 UTC 2006

Samantha wrote:
Define please.  I don't see why a shift of language modality is or is
likely to be religious.

Anna writes:
I agree, I don't think people should look at Transhumanism as a
religion, I think people should look at it as a new way of thinking.
A new language.

Samantha wrote:
Increasingly I believe the masses are irrelevant and the attempt to
convince them is an utter waste of precious time and resources.

Anna:
I don't agree.  Technology will continue to progress, people need to
know this, as well as all the negative and positive outcomes of
technology.

Samantha:
Importance may only be assessed in a context of values, possibilities
and so on.  What we want is part of "what is true".

Anna:
Exactly.  That's what i'm still confused about.  What is true within
the framework of Tranhumanism and how to describe it to the masses?

Samantha:
The funds are out there and targeting them successfully does not
require convincing the masses of anything as I see it.

Anna:
In my opinion, the masses are the ones that decide if something is
successful or not.
If you want to fund a project like cryonics, you would need mass
support and at the present time I don't think it's really a topic that
interests the masses.
If you bulk the projects together and call it Transhumanism, make it a
good cause and then try to get the masses interested, I believe that
the separate projects will likely benefit in return.
But then again, i'm still confused and trying to figure out exactly
how I see Transhumanism, so I may be way off.

Just an opinion
Anna:)