[extropy-chat] Resource Dispersal

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 00:04:03 UTC 2006

Just a quick question:

  For the sake of this question, lets assume that the first super-intelligent mind is derived purely from AI research (ie. there aren't yet any cyborgs running around) and that this occurs in the relatively near future (~10 years from now or less). Let's assume that it is "friendly" and pursues altruistic goals. Do you guys believe that the AI, acting consistently with "friendliness", would "peacefully" enforce an equal distribution of resources (eg. energy, matter, etc.) among all conscious beings on earth? Or, would you guess that the AI would feel compelled for any reason to preserve something similar to the weighted economic/ethical system that we have today (in the Democratic countries at least). (Note: I'm not yet indicating my preference on this matter, I'm just curious about what some Extropians think).

  Best Wishes,

  Jeffrey Herrlich

  P.S. Sorry if this question has already been asked a hundred times before.   :-)