[extropy-chat] Volcanic diamond eruptions

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Mon Sep 18 07:54:53 UTC 2006

"BillK" <pharos at gmail.com>

> Volcanoes don't make diamonds. Diamonds are made deep in the earth's
> mantle over 100 million years ago. Only a specific type of small
> volcano brings these diamonds to the surface.

I realize that, I also realize that if the volcano didn't transport the
diamonds from very deep in the earth to the surface much more rapidly than
normal volcanoes the diamond would be turned into graphite.  I can see no
way such a incredibly explosive event would result in a "small volcano". I
still don't get it.

  John K Clark