[extropy-chat] LINKS: Rucker's New Webzine, Lego CAD, Family-Simple RSS

Jay Dugger jay.dugger at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 18:19:52 UTC 2006

Sunday, 24 September 2006 @ 12:59 PM

Hello all,

For those of you who haven't already seen them on del.icio.us or digg,
Obligatory transhumanist relevance at end.

http://www.flurb.net/
Free ezine from Rudy Rucker with bizarre tales from Rudy Rucker, John
Shirley, Terry Bisson, Paul DiFillipo, Marc Laidlaw and Richard Kadrey

http://www.ldraw.org/
Site collects information about the various CAD tools for Legos.

http://cravingideas.blogs.com/backinskinnyjeans/2006/09/how_to_explain_.html
The best non-technical explanation of feeds I've yet seen.

Ob>H:
Many people on both lists enjoy Mr. Rucker's works.

Those who still play with Legos, or have children, or both, now have a
place to go for virtual Legos. Play all you want with large numbers of
parts. Clean-up just means pressing "Save"! You can't step on a Lego
block made of bits. CAD for toys! How ultra-modern is that?

Finally an explanation of RSS for your grandmother! RSS="I'm Ready for
Some Stories." The  critique of elitism commonly-leveled at >H has
some basis in exclusion. Better communication tools, especially those
made possible by computers, can weaken this critique and help solve
the problem it identifies. Ideas that don't reach hungry minds do no
more good than food that doesn't reach a hungry mouth.

And yes, "How to explain RSS the Oprah way" does a much better job of
explaining RSS than I just did of why you should read it!

--
Jay Dugger
http://jaydugger.suprglu.com