[extropy-chat] Islamic morons win yet again

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 29 04:29:32 UTC 2006

bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Robert Bradbury

...  The focus was on the Sahara and the significant (and massive) climate
change it has undergone over the last ten thousand years.  From lush garden
to harsh desert would about sum it up.  This is thought to have been due to
shifts in the Earth's orbit (according to the show). ...Robert

The existence of deserts is a mere engineering problem.  We could eliminate
them all if we made a modicum of effort, using technology that already
exists.  I don't know why humankind has not done much to turn the Sahara
into a forest, or farmland, or something useful.  Such a waste of otherwise
good real estate, oy.