[extropy-chat] Nanoassembly Blueprints using Atomic Resolution MRI

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 00:01:02 UTC 2007

Hi Robert,

I agree that this is a great and highly-leveraged
approach to help "deal" with dangers from
nanotechnology. Not to mention all the other benefits.
I'm really glad to see that Nanorex is making that
generous move. What do you think of the possibility of
including a side project that encourages the design of
dangerous products? Obviously not with the intent that
those designs will ever be used, but for the purpose
of encouraging the designing of a broad arsenal of
effective defenses. Or, do you believe this is a bad
idea that would probably lead to bad outcomes? One
argument that could be made in its defense is that
some jilted geek somewhere is almost certainly going
to be intentionally designing dangerous nano-things,
with or without an open-source project. The legitimate
side project might even fully satisfy their need to
tinker. Not that I dislike geeks in general - I love
geeks.     :-)

Best Wishes,

Jeffrey Herrlich