[extropy-chat] Wikipedia page and cryonics

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Fri Apr 13 03:37:08 UTC 2007

At 05:19 PM 4/12/2007 -0400, you wrote:

> > At 01:41 AM 4/12/2007 -0400, Heartland wrote:
> >>(Keith Wrote)

> ask and

> >>Okay, let's hear it.
> >
> > It's to embarrass the procrastinators into getting their paperwork done
> > before they get run over by a truck.
> >
> > Keith
>
>How do you know they are procrastinators? Maybe they haven't signed up yet
>because
>they don't believe this would change anything.

In a group this large, you can be sure that *some* of them are
procrastinators.  I agree that there are people who call themselves
"transhumanists" who will not sign up for cryonics for one reason or
another.  I don't take them very seriously and suspect they will be less
represented in the post human future than those who do sign up, especially
if they are older than say 50.

Keith