[extropy-chat] Wikipedia page and cryonics

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Fri Apr 13 21:56:32 UTC 2007

At 04:37 PM 4/13/2007 +0200, Eugen wrote:

snip

>The probability of me dying within the next decade or two is
>rather low. Otoh, at 40 the life insurance is not so cheap anymore.
>Right now I can't spare the cash, since working on own company
>bootstrap. Things should become much better in a couple years.

Term life insurance such as through the IEEE might well be under a hundred
dollars a year.  It's not best, but some of the policies allow you to
convert them to whole lift without being examined.

snip

>I'm not very impressed with people in U.K. (I'm currently based in
>Southern Germany).
>To be frank, I'm not impressed with the current quality consistency anywhere.

Some of that can't be helped.  No organization can compensate for your
dying where you are not found for weeks or being at ground zero.

>(No, I don't have too high standards, I've just seen enough of how things
>should
>be done properly). I *do* hope that situation will improve in 40-50 years,
>when
>I'll need it.

Frankly I don't think you will need it in 40-50 years if you make it that
long.  But perhaps I am being a bit optimistic.

Keith Henson