[extropy-chat] The great global warming swindle

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 19:42:09 UTC 2007

On 4/17/07, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> At home, especially in the Southwest, regions will need to find new
> sources of drinking water, the Great Lakes will shrink, fish and other
> species will be left high and dry, and coastal areas will on occasion
> be inundated because of sea-level rises and souped-up storms, U.S.
> scientists said.

### And a plague of blood-sucking locusts will descend on the sinners!

I absolutely refuse to believe that the persons quoted above have the
ability to model local changes in precipitation fifty years from now.
Absolutely.

Nobody has so far been able to model the pattern of multiyear droughts
that have been coming in and going in the US for thousands of years
(credited with destroying the Anasazi, etc., and responsible for the
Dust Bowl in the 20th century). Now some presumptuous activists claim
that they can not only predict the weather in 50 years, nay, they can
predict it while taking into consideration global warming whose
magnitude is itself estimated with a roughly 500% margin of error.

Nah, I know science when I read it, and this isn't science.

Rafal