[extropy-chat] The great global warming swindle

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 20:20:01 UTC 2007

On 4/18/07, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:

> Nah, I know science when I read it, and this isn't science.

Well, it is putting up a brave front of being science.

The IPCC bases its assessment mainly on peer reviewed and published
scientific/technical literature. And has been working on this since
1988.

<http://www.ipcc.ch/index.html>

Mandate and Membership of the IPCC

Recognizing the problem of potential global climate change, the World
Meteorological Organization (WMO) and the United Nations Environment
Programme (UNEP) established the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate
Change (IPCC) in 1988. It is open to all members of the UN and WMO.

The role of the IPCC is to assess on a comprehensive, objective, open
and transparent basis the scientific, technical and socio-economic
information relevant to understanding the scientific basis of risk of
human-induced climate change, its potential impacts and options for
adaptation and mitigation. The IPCC does not carry out research nor
does it monitor climate related data or other relevant parameters. It
bases its assessment mainly on peer reviewed and published
scientific/technical literature. Its role, organisation, participation
and general procedures are laid down in the "Principles Governing IPCC
Work".

BillK