[extropy-chat] Anarchy?

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Fri Apr 20 00:39:40 UTC 2007

At 03:07 PM 4/19/2007 -0700, Jeffrey wrote:

>I'm not aiming to make this an inflammatory thread;
>I'm simply curious: Would the political ideology of
>any list members here be most closely described as
>Anarchist? As compared to other possible systems?

There has always been considerable spread, but the historical version of
this group started out more or less centered around lower case
libertarian.  You could also say it branched off from cryonics as
well.  (Cryonics and for that matter the space colony bunch had a strong
libertarian contingent in it, though members of both groups ranged far over
the political spectrum.)

The drift in the high tech areas I know about has been toward evolutionary
psychology, but there isn't a political ideology formed up around that yet.

Keith