[extropy-chat] Anarchy?

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Fri Apr 20 11:42:27 UTC 2007

On Thursday, April 19, 2007 8:39 PM Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
wrote:
> The drift in the high tech areas I know about has
> been toward evolutionary psychology, but there
> isn't a political ideology formed up around that yet.

Need one's political philosophy well up from one's beliefs about
psychology?  I think just as the multiplication table doesn't
necessarily change with each new fashion in psychology (or other
theories), one need not come up with a different political outlook with
each change of fashion in other beliefs.  This is not to say all views
are insulated here, but certain things seem to apply formally no matter
what the content is or what the other givens are.

Think of economics as a model here.  The law of supply and demand
applies regardless of whether one is talking about ascetic monks,
sybaritic hedonists, middle class American moms, lower class Chinese
factory workers, or rich Arab oil men -- or whatever social, cultural,
philosophical, or ideological background shapes them.

Regards,

Dan