[extropy-chat] Putting God to Rest.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Mon Apr 23 15:45:15 UTC 2007

"Anna Taylor" <femmechakra at yahoo.ca>

> I find it utterly useless to denounce Religion in any way

Not in ANY way? I'm curious, are there any other great lies you think should
never be challenged, any other great evil?

> as then I feel that I am stomping on the beliefs of
> millions of people.

That statement is quite simply ridicules. I am not stomping on anyone, I'm
just making what I believe is an objective statement when I say religious
ideas are asinine. They are perfectly free to call me asinine in return if
they wish.

Well Ok, I suppose you could say I stomped on them metaphorically,
but the trouble is all too often religious people stomp on people
with ideas like mine LITERALLY.

> If I have misunderstood and all Extropians are Atheists, then I think that
> should be made clear and concrete.

I am only an authority on this Extropian. At age 10 or so I started to have
serious doubts about the dogma of the particular religious franchise I was
brought up in, and by the age of 12 I had nothing but contempt for the very
idea of God. My contempt has only increased over the years.

  John K Clark