[extropy-chat] Anarchy + Transparent Society + Bushido = Survival

ben benboc at lineone.net
Thu Apr 26 19:48:18 UTC 2007

BillK <pharos at gmail.com> Wrote:

 >Regretfully, the UK government will probably have to ban the carrying
 >of plastic tubs of baked beans in public places.
 >We can't have violent assaults like this going on in our country.

Heh.

I'm reminded of a flight on a jumbo jet a few years ago, where the
airport security were taking nailfiles off people at the airport, and
the stewardesses were giving people champagne in glass glasses in the
air! I was amused to the point of laughing out loud.
If you had hijacking tendencies, which weapon would you prefer: a
nailfile or a long piece of freshly-broken glass (which is still the
sharpest thing known to man, i think)?

In any case, if you've got an imagination, just about anything can be a
weapon. Nobody confiscated my deadly shoelaces.

ben zaiboc