[extropy-chat] Anarchy + Transparent Society + Bushido = Survival

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Apr 27 03:07:58 UTC 2007

At 07:36 PM 4/26/2007 -0700, Stuart wrote:

> > Those are worthy virtues, if a little stern and
> > rigid and
> > authoritarian. How about we add: curiosity,
> > imagination, boldness,
> > compassion, flexibility/adaptability, humor,
> > resistance to arbitrary
> > authority, objectivity...
>
>Well we could. But then we would have to change the
>name of the mutated ethic from "Bushido" to "Mystic
>Science", "Ascensionism", or something similar. ;-)

Yeah, okay, I left out some bridging blah-blah along the lines of:
Bushido (not to be confused with the more recent Bush-do-do) is being
discussed as a code of conduct perhaps worthy  of emulation. However,
in addition to some of those virtues, or indeed in several cases in
place of them, how about we...

Damien Broderick (being humorless)