[extropy-chat] Anarchy + Transparent Society + Bushido = Survival

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 05:10:01 UTC 2007

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> > > Those are worthy virtues, if a little stern and
> > > rigid and
> > > authoritarian. How about we add: curiosity,
> > > imagination, boldness,
> > > compassion, flexibility/adaptability, humor,
> > > resistance to arbitrary
> > > authority, objectivity...
> >
> >Well we could. But then we would have to change the
> >name of the mutated ethic from "Bushido" to "Mystic
> >Science", "Ascensionism", or something similar. ;-)
>
> Yeah, okay, I left out some bridging blah-blah along
> the lines of:
> Bushido (not to be confused with the more recent
> Bush-do-do)

Well Bush-do-do is all the more reason to change the
name. After all a wise man never said, "a man can
never step in the same Bushido twice."

> is being
> discussed as a code of conduct perhaps worthy  of
> emulation.

Why emulate when one can lead?

> However,
> in addition to some of those virtues, or indeed in
> several cases in
> place of them, how about we...

Try to do better? Why not? You, Damien, are an
apostate theologian- a rare bird and the ultimate acid
test for a wanna-be religion. Whatever straws of truth
you may have been able to grasp in your inexorable
slide to be here with me on the Extropian's list can
only add to my paltry pile.

> Damien Broderick (being humorless)

Stuart LaForge (being humorous as wise man once
suggested was virtuous)