[ExI] Physics and Searching for the Perfect Wave

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu Aug 9 06:22:34 UTC 2007

BillK
>Hey, that's news to me!   :)
>When the wind blows, you get waves.

>All those holidays in the Med I had where I imagined waves.

BillK:
Probably I'm unfair in scaling waves to Haleiwa and Waimea, but that's
the environment I grew up. People don't travel to Italy to tube the
waves because Mediterranean (at least the Italian) waves are
inconsistent and often angle-high or nonexistent. I think one can have
more fun windsurfing/sailboarding, as the conditions are much more
suitable for that.

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Associate Research Scientist, Planetary Science Institute (PSI), Tucson