[ExI] Physics and Searching for the Perfect Wave

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 07:37:48 UTC 2007

Ahh, I really wish I were born in California or Hawaii. I would
certainly have started surfing at 3, (but perhaps I would have done
nothing else but surfing all my life).

Instead, I tried to learn surfing when I was almost 30, the first time
I went to California. The friends who tried to teach me said that I
had a very good feel for waves (that, you can learn also as a child on
Mediterranean beaches when the sea is rough), but was far too old to
learn how to do it properly. What i can do, and enjoy very much, is
the kind of surfing you do laying on the table.

There are no surfing beaches in Italy. The best places in Europe are:
Biarritz and Hossegor on the French Atlantic coast
Mundaka and many places on the Spanish basque coast
Some places like Peniche on the Portuguese Atlantic coast