[ExI] free-will, determinism, crime and punishment

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Mon Aug 20 14:56:34 UTC 2007

"Lee Corbin" <lcorbin at rawbw.com> Wrote:

> In your example, my free will is not infringed. Rather, on the contrary,
> I  did decide freely

So I have free will if I can will things freely. I said it before I'll say
it again, an idea so bad it's not even wrong.

> Here is a correct analogy:  I am trying to decide whether or not  to vote
> for X, and suddenly a goon shows up in the booth with  me and puts
> a gun  to my head and says "vote for X or else.

So you have received new information to decide the question of which
candidate it would be wisest to vote for. I personally would consider it
very important information indeed, more important even than the
candidate's positions on Free Trade.

John K Clark