[ExI] Fermi Paradox vs. religion

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Mon Dec 10 20:48:42 UTC 2007

>"The paradox is a religion, not science."

Fermi's Paradox is not a religion but a working hypothesis not a dogma
of belief as in religion that appeals to irrationality. It is being
tested continously by scientific method of investigation. Religion
depend on emotional rather than rational solutions to discover the
nature of reality.

>" We will agree when you tell me, as I have already done, what
evidence would
> convince you that the Universe has not been engineered."

The term engineered sounds much like intelligent design. But the
evolution of life is random wherein speciation and variety appears to
be the norm but extinction and mutations are evident of random
processes in all levels of organic systems.